If you haven’t heard about the Teddy Riley versus Babyface fail that occurred last night on Instagram live by now, you’re missing out on some great laughs. The two musical legends were supposed to participate in a “Versus” event series started by Music Producers, Swizz Beats, and Timbaland. The objective of the Instagram live is to share all of the hits each artist was involved in over the years. Everyone knows that combined, these two have endless classics. And we were all looking forward to hearing them. However, due to technical difficulties, that didn’t happen.
The abrupt cancellation inspired me, along with many others, to share some thoughts on how to host a successful Instagram Live. After talking with my friend and colleague, The Brunch Goddess Blogger, Nichole Philpot, here are five tips she recommends, that I totally co-sign. Check out the video for full details, get the quick tips below.
- Practice – Please do a test run. Por Favor in Spanish
- K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Son) – One Device, Earbuds or mic, and no hypeman
- Pay attention to your audience – Read the comments and engage
- Choose the best platform for your message – These tips work on all Livestreaming platforms, but know where your target audience will be. Don’t look for teens on Facebook Live.
- BE HUMBLE – Relax and have fun, you’re human,