In an expected move, my Redskins slightly overpay for a recently released free agent. This time, instead of Desean Jackson, the player is Josh Norman, formerly of the NFC Champion Carolina Panthers.
While I do think he is a massive upgrade to the position, I am still very bullish on this signing for the obvious reasons.
- These things never pan out for the Skins.
- Was he great in Carolina’s system or a great because of his skill level?
- Will the money and fame take away from his great work ethic?
- Did we really NEED a high priced CB?
- Do we have the pass rush to give these DBs a chance to be great?
Skins fans everywhere are excited and so I am, but to a point. I can hear it now from Skins fans the moment he gives up a touchdown or two. “OH HE SOME SHIT!!!” “OVERPAID BAMMA!!!” etc.
I think the player that will benefit the most from the move is Bashaud Breeland. He has already shown in his first two seasons that he isn’t afraid of the big gun receivers in the league, his continued development could make him one of the best 2nd CBs in the league.
The draft now takes a new turn, where will be go now with the 21st overall selection? Will it be a young safety like Karl Joseph from West Virginia, one of the Alabama studs Reggie Ragland, A’shawn Robinson or Jarran Reid or will General Manager Scot McCloughan roll the dice on someone else or make a trade?
I guess we all have to stay tuned huh?